[Tango-L] Tango is for intellectuals, not for "single" ones looking at a pretty picture

rockies@comcast.net rockies at comcast.net
Sat Jan 5 19:58:57 EST 2008

Igor said:

> Regarding sex, car, motorcycle.. Have you ever hear about the world
> "Culture" ?

Motorcyclists can be cultured people also. Nowadays doctors, lawyers and many others who appreciate the arts are also motorcyclists.

> A cultural man is attracted to arts, politics, philosophy.
> Theatres where filled 100 years ago so as political clubs, poetry meetings,
> dancing parties -
> Where is all that? TV replaced them with dumb shows.
> That is why we do not have enough men in tango, not some other reason.
> The whole modern way of life is anti-cultural.

Yes, I agree with you Igor. In today's modern society, the arts and culture have been devalued, in North America anyway.

> Tango should be advertised to intellectual men, who are tired of all that
> dumbness in surrounding surreality, hectic pace of life. They appreciate
> tango most - as a deep intellectual, artistic, and spiritual experience.

While this would be nice, in terms of sheer numbers, a cultured man is a very rare man these days.  Advertising to such a man ends up being extremely difficult. But even these men still have stereotypically  'manly' pursuits. I merely suggest increasing the odds by placing ads in male dominated environments.

Randy