[Tango-L] bad, wrong, Nuevo

ECSEDY Áron aron at milonga.hu
Fri Feb 29 15:07:29 EST 2008

Hello David,

I do not know which category belongs to which "style".

Nuevo dancers don't learn many "steps". However, I had the best
"connection" lessons (actually, the only person of many who could really
explain what I wanted to know about it) from a nuevo dancer (Mariana
Montes).

Nevertheless, what "traditionals" hold against nuevo is exactly that it
lacks feeling (which to me sounds like saying modern music has no
feeling - which is BS). What I see is only the good old generation gap
or conservatives vs. liberals (democrats vs. republicans etc.)
opposition, which has very little to do with dancing or tango.

Cheers,
Aron