[Tango-L] Foxtrot to Tango, how do I do it?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 10:53:08 EST 2008

OK, as near as I can understand it from what others told me and
  from my own experience dancing (when I was conscious of it..
  I was not giving the woman an opening to do front ochos or
  any of the various adornments, etc. I don't particularly like these
  moves and I figured that these woman couldn't do them, anyway.
  The women were not collecting much, although I was collecting a lot,
   I still probably wasn't collecting 100% of the time, this probably made
  it easier to follow me for the non-tango dancers. I wanted to walk and walk
  but these women have not mastered walking backwards and mantaining
  their balance. So, I could only take a few steps forward. I did a lot of
  walking backwards, however, when space permitted it and they seemed
  to do all right with that. I was dancing to the music and the main reason
  that it was called Foxtrot is because I did not perform hardly any of the
  taught patterns. That is my own opinion.
  The Vals was different. I hooked up with an ex-ballroom dancer who
  later told me that she started Waltzing when 7 years old, in the kitchen
  with her father who was a champion dancer.  We Waltzed the Tango Vals
  spinning in one single axis turn after another..I inserted tango walks when
  I could but the music and we felt too exstatic and we turned and turned.
  {to be cont.}