[Tango-L] Foxtrot to Tango, how do I do it?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 11:07:02 EST 2008

The Vals again was danced with two bodies glued to each other like one.
  It was vigorous and exciting. How can I knock it. Was it tango? The music was.
  The Milonga was something else. I danced three or four with different women
  and it was all good.. no straight-jacket rules to this dance. We went with the
  music and we were pegged to each other. I couldn't help but lead every step and
  so the Vals and Milonga were perfect, in my mind. I don't expect anyone to
  believe this and so, I will get a camara to video some dances, soon.
  Later, I was told, by a tango newbie, that the Milonga looked like a polka. Why? ..because the woman had her legs wide spread ....and me??? better, she said. (she was envious?)
  On the way out,  I asked an instructor and he said that the Milonga looked like
  a 'Baile Nortenia' or the norther cowboy dance of Mexico..well, could he have been
  envious???  I danced that with the ballroom dancer and we had a perfect body fit.
  At the most ecstatic parts of the dance, I leapt backwards in long, bold strides and
  she remained glued to my body for every step.
   What the hell, I loved every dance and had a great time. The women were beaming
  and said that they hadn't had so much fun since......  Maybe, THIS is the new tango?