[Tango-L] "Tanghi Argentini"

Roger Ray dzupina at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 15:09:21 EST 2008

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this short movie yet.  I finally got around to seeing the live-action shorts nominated for the Academy Awards last night and this amusing short from Belgium was among the nominees.  (It didn't win.)

  Synopsis: "A man who must learn to dance the tango in two weeks asks an office colleague for help."  There's an O. Henry twist at the end, but it's obviously a minor effort. It's probably of interest to tangeros, if you get a chance to view it, but not worth going out of your way.

  I liked the line where his teacher tells him something like,  "Chin up!  You want to discover the color of her eyes, not her shoes."