[Tango-L] Foxtrot to Tango, how do I do it?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 16:03:03 EST 2008

Ok, I go under the gun tonite...I swore that; 'not another step of foxtrot'...
  I will use what I've learned from the Internet. I am internet trained.

  1. I will not drink any tequilla tonight
  2. I will never square a step, no milonga boxes
  3. I will not dance my follow starts to think of 'bills she has to pay'
     I will pause instead.
  4. I will pay attention to the beat and dance to it and nothing else.
  5. I will bend slightly forward at the waste.
  6. I will lead with my chest and project feeling the song thru the embrace.
  7. I will watch videos of Robert Hauk and Alberto Dasseau before the dance.
  8. I will dance with each of the gang-of-four (complainers)
  9. I will ask them after each dance if there was a moment of Foxtrot.
      if they say 'yes' ..I will ask them to 'please,  explain.'
      if they say 'no'... I will ask them what else was 'wrong'.
  10. I will not dance the Milongas nor Vals's ..(no one complains about them.)
  11. I will sacrifice my 'having fun' to the rigor and seriousness of Tango pain.