[Tango-L] What's the trick??

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 15:47:27 EST 2008

--- Michael Figart II <michaelfigart at yahoo.com> wrote:

My lead is to show my partner the nature, the length, and
the direction of the step. As she gathers all this
> information, her job is to interpret it, and do her
> very best to step exactly WITH me, not to step ahead
> of my step, but to help move our bodies in sync with
> one another.

> ... but a leader should never have to follow his partner.

Hello Michael,

The problem is when the man THINKS he's invited a
particular step but he has really invited something else
(e.g., torso says one thing, arm says something else).
Ergo, it's much better to see her response to what he
thought he invited.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/