[Tango-L] Posting & open discussion on Tango-

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Fri Feb 22 23:56:47 EST 2008

Well, they say you learn something new everyday. I'm certainly
not going to argue about what words mean because my Spanish is
limited and my Lunfardo non-existent. But I like to use the correct
terminology and I've never heard before that a Sacada must
interrupt a turn. I always thought a Sacada was a displacement of
a leg or foot by the partner’s leg or foot. This can occur at almost
any time and not just during turns. I checked this site, which I
usually use to check terminology:

 http://www.tejastango.com/terminology.html .

Part of the definition of Entrada is ... 'without displacenment' and
the definition of Sacada makes no mention of interrupting a turn.

Is it wrong? I know this might not seem important but I think words
are important as they're the only means we have to say what we
mean.

Keith, HK

 On Sat Feb 23  9:14 , Nina Pesochinsky  sent: