[Tango-L] What's the trick??

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 00:50:17 EST 2008

Ahhhh, welcome to the world of advanced tango! (I say
that in jest.  I'm sure you've been there for a
while.)

Anyone, including myself, who wrote "I lead, she steps
and I follow her." is addressing the 9 out of 10 (or
is it 49 out of 50) beginner and beginner/intermediate
leaders who step first to lead.  That phrase is an
excellent way to make a course adjustment.  As you
become an advanced leader, you are constantly fine
tuning as you described below.

I know there are a lot of teachers out there who don't
prescribe to that method.  But, I know that it slowed
me down and slowed down a myriad of others enroute to
where you are.

While I completely agree with what you wrote below, it
is also important to note that if, and when, you think
about indicating the feeling of the step and then
following her, you will be lucky to realize that every
dance is different because you are allowing her to
give more of the dance to you.

It's a matter of what you want to experience.  Growth,
even on the best of nights, comes from doing it both
ways.  :o)

In the end, I'm just writing to give and take with
your well put description and to clarify my statement
a bit.

However,
I think
leaders should read
what you wrote
over
and over,
again.

Thanks!  This is one of the best written posts that I
have read!!!