[Tango-L] What's the trick??

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Feb 22 05:29:50 EST 2008

> Yeah, it is really helpful to be telling someone five months out to tackle
> *back* sacadas in their socks. No wonder there are so many bad dancers out
> there. Whether sacadas are easy or not comes down to the competencies and
> aptitude of a given dancer, but trying to explain how to do them in a post
> on the internet is completely useless in my opinion. Would ballet teachers
> and dancers try and explain how to do a pirouette in a discussion list
> post? They would just laugh at anyone suggesting that was possible.
> Sacadas are physical not intellectual and posting the 'secret' is in the
> same category of the 'learn tango in 12 lessons' videos and slimming tea.
>
> Victor Bennetts

very well said, Victor. But then, it is hard to resist the temptation of
seizing such  a chance to teach tango to a large audience when noone knows
who you are. How many opportunities for such a career move does life have to
offer outside the wondrous world of the internet where, naturally, you
cannot see your students (maybe half of them involuntarily exposed to this)
either?