[Tango-L] No dancing before the music

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 17:08:30 EST 2008

--- Anton Stanley <antonst at alidas.com.au> wrote:

> >From my experience, having not learnt to love it, they
> then proceed to look for music they do like, to which
they can dance Tango. And it seems more and more non Tango
music lovers, are dancing Tango to non Tango music.

>From my experience, this attraction to non-Tango music is
just a passing phase.  As people get better in the dance,
they begin to hear the music better, and then they come
back to traditional music.  This has certainly been the
experience here as I've watched folks here grow.

If they stop getting better, then they may become a lost
cause.  But then they wonder why others who started at the
same time as they did but continued to improve stop dancing
with them.  But I find those to be a small segment of the
tango population and not anything to worry about.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/