[Tango-L] No dancing before the music

ClifDavis clif at clifdavis.com
Wed Feb 20 15:01:21 EST 2008

"Maybe our Tango community has Tango Enforcers out there."

Surely Mr. Stanly you jest. I mean come on... do you think?????

I think it is an absolute surprise we have any new dancers at all.
First, we suggest spend a year listening to the music, then perhaps they
can learn how to dance without learning any basic steps. Then we tell
them to go to a milonga where they should wait at the back of the room
and watch all the "masters" sitting on the front row maybe dancing,
maybe not.

Maybe after a few years, this new student will actually make it to the
dance floor, only to be laughed at and ridiculed by one of the masters
because "they don't know how to do it properly".

I have never seen an activity so intent on self-elimination.

It's a bar dance, to be done in bars by people who have been drinking.

Oh wait, what am I thinking... I am not from BsAs. I can't know anything
about tango.

Sorry, I lost my mind...