[Tango-L] Breaking the "paso basico."

buffmilonguera@aol.com buffmilonguera at aol.com
Tue Feb 12 13:02:42 EST 2008

I had found something like that too in my lead - but I would go to a
cross when I couldn't think of anything to do......then I went to a
milonga and just challenged my self to leave crosses completely out of
my dance that night.  It forced me to be more mindful - I felt a lot
better throughout the dancing, received alot of good feedback from the
followers I danced with (actually, one of them was very pushy about
getting her turn to dance with me :) ), and another lead, a man,
noticing i was doing something different, watched me all night to
figure out exactly what I was doing :)

Have you joined the Buffalo Argentine Tango Society Yahoo! group yet?
It's easy, and the best way to make sure you know what we're doing and
what's going on with the Argentine tango in and around Buffalo......go
to www.yahoo.com > select Groups > search for Buffalo Argentine Tango
Society > follow the directions to join BATS_tango.  Thanks!