[Tango-L] men who pull to their left

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 15:51:57 EST 2008

I am curious about 2 things:

1. How did you know the followers were lining up due
to you not going to the cross?  I don't doubt that
they were.  I'm just curious.  Did they like it and
spread the word, for example?

2. Did you find yourself getting to the 2, 3 or 4 step
of the basic and having to think quick to avoid the
cross?  I remember when I first did this exercise and
how it opened my mind to, right there, on the spot,
move in a different direction.  I remember that it was
a battle at first.  Then, it was one of the most
liberating things I've ever learned.  I am curious
about what happened with you.

I ask about #2 so that you can let others know just
how it changed your dance.  I remember that week.
People said my style changed like night and day.
Dancing became very, very much more fun.

I also found that, when the leader in front of me
started dancing backward, up the line of dance, I
could, easily, put my back to him and protect my
partner.  That quickness came straight from this
exercise.