[Tango-L] The Volcada

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 00:59:29 EDT 2008

Man, I'm glad I'm not a teacher trying to explain a figure on this list. Not with
critics like Larry around and just waiting to pounce. Personally, I thought JPS
did a good job in explaining the most common and popular form of Volcada and
I've little doubt that he explains it and its different forms in more detail during his
classes. It certainly didn't find it ... "totally misrepresents what a volcada is" and
I didn't find it ... "confusing".
Larry's rambling comments, on the other hand, would, I am sure, confuse those
who do not already know what is a Volcada.
Btw Larry, you recently confessed to not knowing the difference between an
'open' step and a 'crossed' step. I did take some time and trouble to explain that
but received no feedback. I hope you found my comments useful.
Jack