[Tango-L] how to lead (was 'weight change')

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Apr 29 23:52:47 EDT 2008

Alexis,

>From your job title, you sound like a scientist, so let's do a little
scientific experiment to try to settle this matter. Find a fixed point
in your house [or office] at chest height. We'll assume this is the
connection point on the lady's chest when you dance Tango.
Now stand in front of this point so that your own connection point
is facing it. It's better if the fixed point is projecting forward so
that your chest can make physical contact. Now see if you can
change weight, from foot to foot, while maintaining that contact.
If you can, and as her axis obviously hasn't moved, she has no
lead to follow your weight changes.

You'll actually find it very easy and the key is rotation of the torso.
I assume we agree that rotation of the torso about her unchanged
axis will not lead her to make a step.

I'm not a scientist and I just made this experiment up, so please
feel free with your corrections.

Keith, HK

 On Tue Apr 29  2:23 , Alexis Cousein  sent: