[Tango-L] Communities

ATANGO2@aol.com ATANGO2 at aol.com
Wed Apr 30 01:38:56 EDT 2008

Thank you, Ron, for the nice words about Portland in your recent post about
communities.  We were extremely fortunate to have Clay Nelson as our  original
resident teacher and primary organizer in the  mid-90's.  His "If it's good
for tango, it'll be good for the  community" approach has remained a
significant factor in sustaining Portland's  positive attitude toward, and acceptance
of, multiple styles of dancing and  teaching.

We also have several outstanding,  influential, long term teachers, DJs,
hosts and promoters who continue to set  high standards for maintaining a
cooperative/collaborative community that is  based on sharing the wonders of tango,
and who support individuality while  emphasizing the benefits of mutuality.
(Megan Pingree, Robert Hauk, Alex  Krebs, Bill Alsup, and Jay Rabe for  examples.)

People have been known to move here because of the  abundance of  friendly
people and great tango.  We'd love to have you  visit.

Polly McBride
_www.tangoquest.net_ (http://www.tangoquest.net)
_www.claysdancestudio.com_ (http://www.claysdancestudio.com)
_www.portlandtango.com_ (http://www.portlandtango.com)

Need  a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at
AOL  Autos.

listings at AOL Autos.