[Tango-L] Tango-L Digest, Vol 25, Issue 28

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Fri Apr 25 21:57:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Astrid <astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp> wrote:
>  this may come as news to you but women have exactly the same thoughts at a
> milonga. We may outnumber the men present by 3:1 and of those few that are
> there, the rate of people not worth the time on the dance floor vs the ones
> who really know how to dance  may be again 3:1 or even worse, so on a bad
> day, the women in reality actually outnumber the danceable men by 8 or 10:1.

Of course it doesn't come as any news to me.

And I'm sure that many of those women thinking the men are not worth
the time, suck worse than the men they don't want to dance with.

Anyway, this wasn't a discussion of who is worth dancing with, it was
a discussion about gender imbalance and teaching methods.

And my apologies to the list, for not changing the subject line when I
was replying to the digest.