[Tango-L] Tango-L Digest, Vol 25, Issue 28

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Apr 25 21:37:05 EDT 2008

> As far as the gender sorting goes, here is a quote from one of the
> Argentinians in our community: "They may have more women, but tell me, do
> you actually WANT  to dance with any of them?" I know it sounds mean, but
> a certain extent, this view is held by many of  the  men in the community.

Brick,
this may come as news to you but women have exactly the same thoughts at a
milonga. We may outnumber the men present by 3:1 and of those few that are
there, the rate of people not worth the time on the dance floor vs the ones
who really know how to dance  may be again 3:1 or even worse, so on a bad
day, the women in reality actually outnumber the danceable men by 8 or 10:1.