[Tango-L] gender imbalance

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Sat Apr 26 13:13:23 EDT 2008

Brick wrote:
> And I'm sure that many of those women thinking the men are not worth
> the time, suck worse than the men they don't want to dance with.

And what gives you that idea? It takes a while for a woman to realise that
some of those guys who impressed her in the beginning are actually quite
mediocre compared to the really good ones. You know the type, those who prey
on beginners because they are the only ones they can impress with their
leading?
Whatever, this is news to very few people in here, probably, but the truth
is, on a lucky day, one may discover a new,talented, promising beginner
among the men, while on a bad day, one only sees the same eternal
intermediates who nevertheless may be so full of themselves that they have
closed themselves off to polishing up their weak points, and the gender
imbalance lets them get away with it.

Astrid from Tokyo
 which is experiencing a bellydance boom, while my favourite milonga is
going to be out of studio soon  = (