[Tango-L] Speak up if you are uncomfortable - policies

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Fri Apr 18 19:43:00 EDT 2008

> if one is to continue to be a community leader, then one must be willing
> to make decisions, take responsibility, and lead.  ... you either have
> the trust of your community or you don't.

One has to wonder as to the unique factors of third world tango that give
rise to such a bizarre phenomenon. In the first and second tango worlds,
I'm sure I've never met or even heard of anyone adopting a title such as
"community leader". And not just because no-one doomed to be a part of a
tango scene dysfunctional enough to need such a thing would so choose to
draw attention to the fact.

> For managing crises, the textbook case is the Tylenol scare.

For further discussion of how a case of the deaths of pain-killer users
through cyanide poisoning of their medicines inspires the practices of
tango "community leaders", would someone please start a separate mailing
list?

A /very/ separate mailing list.

Thank you.

Happy dancing, everyone!