[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not (reply to Skip's 1st)

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 09:17:38 EDT 2008

--- Jake Spatz <spatz at tangoDC.com> wrote:
.
> > What's puzzling me is why do the women put up with this
> behavior? Do they like the attention, and don't find it
> rude, or are they too polite, or timid, to speak up if
> they don't like it? Or what?
> >
> I've asked a few women about this in the past, and I've
> always gotten the same response. When a guy is hogging
them, they don't know what to do. They just act polite, and
stay with him out of fear of being impolite.

She is trying to be polite so she doesn't refuse tanda
request #3?  That's absurd.  These women are either not
telling you the truth or must say yes to every guy who asks
her for sex.

Skip:
It takes two to agree to a dance.  So I interpret these 3+
tandas as being that these people really like dancing
together.  If I dance 3 or 4 tandas with a man at one time,
it's because I find him to be very musical and I'm
interested in how he interprets different musical styles (a
very nice thing about the tanda system is its
predictability).  If during two tandas his dance is the
same, then, he's pretty much played all of his cards and
the game is over.  For these long sets, I try to save those
tandas for later in the evening so that I can end my night
on a high note.

So, you might want to look into Carol's advice or come
earlier to the milonga.  The other thing you can try is
greeting the woman hello and telling her that you hope to
get a dance with her later in the evening.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/