[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 21:10:26 EDT 2008

Brick... you don't choose a partner during the cortina...the cortina
gives you time to leave the floor, sit down, re-adjust and look around
to see who you might want to make contact with for the next tanda. When
the music starts, the leaders will then choose a follower (with whom he
likes to dance to that orquesta) , and if he's lucky, she'll choose him.
It is very common to have partners that you like to dance with for
milonga, for example, but not for tango or vals, or vice versa. So,
typically, in BsAs clubs, you wait until the music starts before
choosing a partner. It works very well.