[Tango-L] Surplus Tanguera - Not

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Tue Apr 15 18:52:00 EDT 2008

Jake wrote:
>>> couples often end up dancing to music that they might prefer not to.
> Actually, I believe the root cause is a DJ who plays music which people
> don't want to dance to.

I've never met a good DJ that doesn't play some music that some people
don't want to dance to. Nor a good dancer that dances every number.

Brick wrote:
> Actually I've described a group of men who want to dance.
> They do care about the music, They care about the music a lot.
> if the men wait for the music to start, there are no followers
> left to dance with, and they sit.

Then perhaps the members of your music-caring guy-only group should be
dancing with each other. ;)

Meanwhile, the group I referred was the guys /and/ /girls/ whom, by your own
account, don't care enough about the music to wait for the guy that does.
They pays their money and they takes their choice.

> So you are suggesting that the DJ should ignore the Tango customs and
> codas that members of this list, and Tangueros world wide, hold so dear?

Yup! ;) In a milonga where people already ignoring the music when inviting,
it won't help for the DJ impose yet more customs to be ignored! ;)

--
Chris