[Tango-L] Dancing outside crossed footed on follow's left

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 13 23:59:35 EDT 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5T3POVjQY

  Here are Gustavo and Maria doing a beautiful tango to some beautiful music.
  I am noticing that whenever a performance (by many couples) contains the lead
  walking outside left cross footed, it invariably occurs only in the beginning of the dance and
  especially when navigating the first corner of the room (left turn of course) then it's over.
  I have noticed this because this particular passage is perhaps my favorite to watch.
  I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and would maybe conjecture as to why?
  I'm thinking that it's is such an unusual passage that unless it only occurs early when
  both are ready for it, it could cause some awkwardness...just my guess.
  Anyway, I really like how this movement looks and am looking forward to the day
  when I can do it, too.