[Tango-L] on open-embrace teaching (was something on inventing steps)

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 15:30:21 EDT 2008

Actually, Mario,

If they were to teach (maybe, they do), they would
break down a few 6 or 8 step sequences (patterns) and
teach the steps and the feel from those.

Again, across the great USA, the teachers with the
most successful classes are going out and finding 6 or
8 step patterns that are tricky or elegant and
bringing them back home.  Why?  Because that is how
you keep men in your classes.  The men don't, as a
norm, see that they are learning finnesse.  They see
that they are learning a pattern that they can show
off.

However, if you go to the class looking for the
finnesse, the feel, you can get just as much out of
the class.

*** Welcome back !!! ***

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Osvaldo+Centeno+y+Ana+Maria+Schapira+&search_type=