[Tango-L] on open-embrace teaching (was something on inventing steps)

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 14:47:50 EDT 2008

Hi Trini,
   The last part of your email/post;
  "I know they'll be folks on their no-pattern, just-dancing
blah blah blah kick, but I just figure their tango is as
limited as their thought processes. I'd rather not see
that happen with you."
  ...leaves me troubled. I am one who believes in no-pattern, just-dancing...(blah, blah, blah?)
  Perhaps, there is just a misunderstanding in terms... someone kindly sent me these videos
  of Osvaldo Ceneno dancing Tango.
  http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Osvaldo+Centeno+y+Ana+Maria+Schapira+&search_type=
  I would point at these two dances as being no-pattern, just-dancing...would you??
  Sure there is a cut ocho or two but does that disqualify it?
  ..and if it is a no-pattern, just-dancing style of dance, what is there to complain about?
  ..that it is unteachable by you?