[Tango-L] The cross -- another view

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Sat Apr 5 02:48:40 EDT 2008

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:56:15 -0400, you wrote:

>Argentine Tango is a partner dance -- it's the woman's dance too.
>
>There are those on the list who insist that every follower's movement
>in Argentine Tango is led by the leader, including the cross.
>
>If that is so, please explain to me how you lead embellishments or
>adornments by the follower?
>And, if you do not lead embellishments, but do lead the cross, what
>if the follower's embellishment is a crusada/a cross?
>
>As an example of embellishments (also known as: chiches, firuletes,
>adornos, ornaments, decorations, etc), and there are many among the
>tango videos on Youtube, see Jennifer Bratt's channel on embellishments:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/user/BewitchingBlackLotus
>
>And, for those leaders who do not allow a follower pauses, or time,
>or space for an improvised, unled embellishment in their dance, I
>suggest you  to learn to do this.  It will add another dimension to your dance.
>
>Marty Waxman

Marty...

Here's something that provides an answer to many of the current
questions and misconceptions that people have.   The lead and follow
of embellishments    It's fairly long because it is very detailed.
www.buffalotango.com/html/l_-_embellishments.html

And just in case something *isn't* answered on this page, it likely is
answered several times over on other pages.

I hope you enjoy it....   Because I wrote it.   :-)

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *