[Tango-L] Two "holds"

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 2 12:28:59 EDT 2008

I asked Meredith Amarilla about the woman draping her arm down as if reaching for his tailbone. She said it was an attempt to get more physical contact along the length of her arm, to facilitate a better emotional connection.
Can't comment on her arm around the waist.
Regarding which way should she face...
In a "V" embrace like is common in BsAs, turning her face to the right is clearly more comfortable than to the left. And I heard one old Argentine milonguero say that the man should always have the lady facing to the right, because if she faced to the left, over his shoulder, he had no way of knowing if she was eye-flirting with someone in the gallery. However I personally prefer her facing the left, and I prefer a more parallel (ie non-V) embrace. I've had women request/insist on facing right, but I've never asked a follower to do so.

        TangoMoments.com