[Tango-L] Help to find masculinity in tango!

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Sep 30 16:39:35 EDT 2007

Thank you very much all those who took time to write good answers !
Now there is a lot of material for thinking !

While in the middle, since I see that I was very unclear in my question,
I'd like to clarify ( and I am able to do it thanks to your answers, thank
you again ! ) what I feel masculine and feminine power is.

Being masculine means when other men, say friends of a dancing men, admire
the dancing of the dancing man. And all them want to look and act like him.
Probably, it should include confidence, strength, agile movements, control
over the situation, and admiring expression of the face of his lady ( an her
loving embrace).

Inner Men's power is like that - confidence, ability to control the
situation, providing freedom and security to his lady, and may be at the
same time playfulness, risky, sharp, powerful dancing style - just to prove
his mastery in the first group of his abilities: "See? No matter what she
dances great!"

Shortly, ability to make her dance well with him and to show his friends
that it is very easy for him, and at the same time look the way men like.

Woman's power is not surrendness ( even though it is a pre-requisite to it,
as very well described by Krasimir ). It is ability to control the situation
by other means than direct. Ability to influence her man in such a way so
that he leads her what she wants and the way she wants. ( Surrender to fool
him that that it is he who in control ;) ) Ability to handle the situation
no matter what and look like a queen always. Ability to make him dance well
with her.

Admirers of the good women are... men too. They all want to rush and invite
her for dancing.

Well, I've just made it up, do not judge severely,
Igor Polk