[Tango-L] Tango Music

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Sat Sep 29 05:00:34 EDT 2007

Igor, I am talking solely of compositions - there are very fine new
orchestras today.

Even in Belgrade, see www.beltango.com

Let alone Fernandez Fiero . . .

Or Color Tango, or many others.

Yes, I like some of Gill's compositions.

Then, you can listen to this
http://www.sinrumbo-tango.com/media/mp3/CiudadAusente.mp3

Still, most of the new compositions are absolutely fine (and some are
masterpieces). BUT, for LISTENING. There is practically nothing that you can
dance to, with no preparation, in a milonga.

Because 1 or 2, or 10, or even 20 compositions (where are they?) for ten
years is practically nothing.

Today composers miss one important thing - that they must compose for the
dancers, not for listeners alone.