[Tango-L] No arms?

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Sep 27 00:14:42 EDT 2007

Nina,

We're not teaching people to dance without arms. We're trying to teach
people to utilize all the components of the embrace during the lead and
follow process. Unfortunately, many men only use their arms and hands
when leading the woman. In an attempt to stop that, we take away the
arms, which then forces them to use their torso, which is a major component
of the embrace. When the arms are returned, hopefully all components of
the embrace will be used, which I think is what you want.

Dancing without arms is merely an exercise in class.

Holding the woman in an embrace is the best part of tango, why would we
want to take that away?

Keith, HK

On Thu Sep 27  4:00 , Nina Pesochinsky  sent: