[Tango-L] No arms?

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 27 00:43:19 EDT 2007

I've seen this exercise used, as well as variations of it - like using a sheet of paper instead of a balloon. I'd always thought the purpose was that, in order to keep the paper or balloon in place, it's necessary to have both dancers pushing into the floor with the balls of their feet and exerting a slight forward energy or pressure towards their partner. This is similar I think to the other recent thread about "resistance," keeping a kg or so of force "pushing" into your partner to improve the connection and the responsiveness of the follower.

            TangoMoments.com