[Tango-L] No arms?

DocDAS@aol.com DocDAS at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 21:55:02 EDT 2007

I have been dancing tango for quite a while - approximately 10 years and
find this topic rather interesting. In my opinion the lead in tango should come
mainly from the torso because therein resides the ultimate power - the HEART!(
 The Emperor/Empress .)  The controller of the SPIRIT and the essence of
life! However, the Spirit needs the assistance of the arms and legs to move
through the universe. Herein lies the conflict. In it's purest and ultimate form
Tango should be 'danced' only from the energy of the Spirit maybe  without
assistance? Then off course there is reality!! How depressing at times.  I am a
strong advocate of the 'frame' in tango which includes the arms. A  perfect
balance between the leader and follower must include a tension,  sometimes
subtle, sometimes intense between the left hand of the leader and  the right hand of
the follower to unite the couple and bring attention to both.  This energy
allows a momentary separation of the leader and  the  follower and a greater
equality in the dance as well
With All Due Respect,
Daniel