[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sun Sep 23 18:38:00 EDT 2007

> If you have a physical body not moving, and apply a force to make it
> move, the force it is giving you back (like resisting movement), is
> inertial

Agreed.

> - it is the same thing as when you try to stop a moving body.

( Actually no - that's momentum. But terminology aside...)

.. my point is that it cannot be this passive effect of mass that 'helps
keeping the good connection.' because in a guy-forward move it works to
bring them together, but in a guy-backward move it works to take them apart.

Whereas what we feel from a good connection is that it keeps us together
in both directions. Hence the cause must be more active than mere
inertia/momentum.

--
Chris