[Tango-L] Strong Lead - resistance effect

Krasimir Stoyanov krasimir at krasimir.com
Sun Sep 23 18:45:54 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com>
> .. my point is that it cannot be this passive effect of mass that 'helps
> keeping the good connection.' because in a guy-forward move it works to
> bring them together, but in a guy-backward move it works to take them
> apart.
>
> Whereas what we feel from a good connection is that it keeps us together
> in both directions. Hence the cause must be more active than mere
> inertia/momentum.

Yes, there must be something else - if you (the leader) make a sharp step
back, the connection would break, provided you do not hold her. The leaning
can help, but only to a certain limit. So much for not having to pull the
lady. Of course, like everything else in tango it is not some ugly pulling,
it is actually a more complicated and precisely executed movement, but
still, if you don't hold her, the connection will break, or become loose at
least.