[Tango-L] Who's leading?

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Thu Sep 20 14:41:26 EDT 2007

Fortune,

Since you're already expecting flames, please let me be the first.

3 weeks of classes and you already know what you need from the lead.
Wow, that's impressive.

Might I suggest that you concentrate on what you need to learn as a
follow before you start telling your leads what they should be doing.

What you say happens to be correct but I suspect it's what you've been
told rather than what you actually know from experience. Excluding your
teacher I doubt if you can recognise a good leader from one of the many
morons who manhandle the beginner girls around the floor. The worst
dancer here can impress beginners. But after 3 months, they'll never
dance with him again.

Finally, please don't judge all the leads by comparison with how
well your teacher leads you. Otherwise you'll be in for a world of
disappointments and you may end up not dancing with anybody. You're a
beginner - expect to dance with beginners and don't think too much of
yourself.

And, IMHO, a beginner of 3 weeks who closes her eyes just looks stupid.

Keith, HK

On Fri Sep 21  1:18 , "fortune elkins"  sent: