[Tango-L] Traditional milonguero style?

Janis Kenyon Jantango at feedback.net.ar
Thu Sep 20 13:39:02 EDT 2007

Jeanne Hill <genejeanne at comcast.net posted to Tango-A:

Negracha and Diego are traditional milonguero-style tango dancers and
enthusiastic teachers of the close embrace.  Their classes focus on a
single aspect of the dance, giving students an opportunity to
completely absorb several variations of each movement.  Starting with
simple walking steps, they gently encourage students to progress to
front and back ochos, boleos, giros, and ganchos.

Traditional milonguero-style ... with ganchos?????

Friends escorted a couple from Ecuador to the milonga Nino Bien last
Thursday.  They said it was 99% tourists.  Her exact words were -- que
porqueria!

Yesterday I went to my second home to dance where I know the music will be
excellent with a good level of dancers.  The visitor at my table made the
observation that two lanes of dancers existed.  That's the way it should be.
Everyone danced simply with the music.  It was a pleasure to sit and watch
as well as dance in this milonga.  No one did a boleo or a gancho.