[Tango-L] concepts

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel tango at tangodesalon.de
Wed Sep 5 23:33:39 EDT 2007

Dear Igor and everyone else,

If you are really interested in our concepts, especially in our ideas
about improvisation, please have a look at our list with workshop-
propositions. These are not only titles, but short texts, which
discribe the content of the class. They are open for anyone at:
http://www.tangodesalon.de/en/einfo.htm
The direct link: http://www.tangodesalon.de/documents/Workshop-
Topics.pdf

If you want to know more, please visit one of our classes or ask
someone who did so. Maria Olivera is a friend and a teacher herself.
She can only tell you, what she watched on one occasion or what we
discussed with her.

Our students may give you a deeper insight and they may aditionally
tell you, that we provide them with written handouts that summarize
our main concepts, exercises and body-work, depending on which class
you took. If doing classes, that deal with musicality, you'll find
there rhythmical patterns and it's variations or dimensions of the
music and of the dance, again depending on the exact topic.
After our 1-week Tango-holidays, we aditionally produce an individual
DVD, that summarizes the content of the classes.

Please understand, that we don't distribute these handouts or DVDs
freely, as they are a part of our workshops and are meant for those,
who already attended our classes.

If we do find the time, we'll write a book or produce a DVD someday.
But, these things take a lot of preparation, if you want to do them
properly. For the moment, we focus on teaching.

If you do have more questions, please write to us personally. We
don't want to bore the readers of the list or invoke the idea, that
all this is a publicity-campaign and we pay people to provoke
attention on our work. ;-)

Yours sincerely,

Melina

Melina Sedo & Detlef Engel