[Tango-L] Germans teaching Argentine tango in the USA

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 07:28:27 EDT 2007

Hi Janis,

Since you were an organizer before many had a personal
computer in their home, I can see where you'd be concerned.

As it happens, I'm the one sponsoring Melina & Detlef on
their visa process for next year's visit (with help from
Ray Barbosa).  To get a visa, it's best to get actual work
commitments.  That's fine since organizers need to plan so
far in advance (we're already scheduled through May 2008
already).

Melina & Detlef are wonderful teachers who I highly
recommend.  I love their level of detail and personal
attention they give to students.  They also care a lot
about how tango is taught.  If you checked their workshop
list on their webpage, you'll see how much they care about
the music and fundamentals.  Excellent work ethic and fun,
too.  Anyone else interested in working with them can
contact me.

If something falls through, organizers simply plan for
something else.  Organizers get used to those things.  Last
year someone cancelled on me with only 2 days notice before
a regional festival (with radio promos and everything).
Fortunately, we were able to find a a great instructor
(Oliver Kolker) that same night with help from tango
friends.  Thank goodness for the internet, cell phones and
a close proximity to NYC!  This year's crisis was an
extended 3 week visit by Homer & Cristina for her
near-kidney failure.  I wonder what next year's crisis will
be.

Trini de Pittsburgh