[Tango-L] One more comment about shoes

Victor Bennetts Victor_Bennetts at infosys.com
Thu Oct 25 20:27:02 EDT 2007

Just for the reference of anyone planning a trip and wondering about the price of shoes - I did a bit of shoe shopping in BsAs (with my wife) and although I didn't go to Comme il Faut, I did go to a lot of other shops. I found the average price of good dance shoes to be about 200-250 pesos around the same price for men and women. These were really beautiful shoes. There were also some nice shoes on special at some of the smaller shops at the 120 - 150 mark which is the more typical price of street shoes over there from what I saw. My wife went to Comme il Faut and she told me that although it was mainly tourists in there she also saw a couple of Argentinians trying on shoes. On the way to the milonga at Glorieta (my favourite :-)), walking through Belgrano, you see lots of wealthy porteñas who, no doubt, could easily afford 350 peso shoes, but I am not sure if they dance tango ;-).

Victor Bennetts

Madreselva Zapatos wrote >I have to disagree!!! some  people down here make more, some make less but
the true fact is that Argentine women give a lot of care to beauty & fashion
so they might just save an entire year just to buy a pair of shoes if it
worth it & wherether it is 350 pesos or less !!!...