[Tango-L] Shoes-re Trini

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Wed Oct 24 15:43:32 EDT 2007

No we don't wear lower heels because we know everyone.  We wear them
because that is what is best to dance in. Dance sneakers?  Not on our
feet. Do you think Argentines making 1200 - 1500 pesos a month rush down
to Comme il Faut to buy 350 peso shoes?  Guess again.  Who is buying all
those shoes?  Not people who live here.  Somehow there is this ideal
that in Buenos Aires the women all dance in Comme il Faut or Neo Tango
shoes wearing tango clothes.  What are tango clothes anyway?

We dress nicely.  We dress simply.  We dance simply.  No 12 inch strappy
heels, fishnets, cocktail dresses or slit up to thigh skirts.  No
boleos, no volcadas.  Walking, giros, ochos.  Less stress.  More fun.