[Tango-L] retaining men in urbana

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 02:38:20 EDT 2007

Tango Society of Central Illinois wrote:

> We teach tango in close embrace. Undoubtedly there
> are some women who have fled our classes because they do not want to
> be held close while dancing.

> The ballroom dance studio in town tends
> to have extra women in their Argentine Tango classes, taught in an
> open frame.

I guess if a dance teacher doesn't pigeon-hole himself with a label,
other people will do it for him, whether they've ever bothered to
visit one of his classes not. Maybe they'll even throw in a
demographic analysis while they're at it.

Joe Grohens, tango instructor
Regent Ballroom
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois