[Tango-L] Style Wars: Truth and Truthiness

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:23:57 EST 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 1:57 PM, ClifDavis <clif at clifdavis.com> wrote:
> Since I have had my chops busted for "not relating my conversation to
> dance", I brought tango into it.

I was not aware of that history..

> I do feel that it is relevant to the discussion in that sense.
>
> As related to the general discussion being held, subjectively taking a
> bit of information and by group decree claiming it to be truth "because
> we say so" is nothing more than group delusion. "Truthiness" is nothing
> more than making it up out of whole cloth. "I want this to be true".
>
> As to how this relates to the group postings, I am constantly amazed at
> the extremes inside the groups, from the totally closed minded to the
> fully open minded.
> Truth is just that, if it is not true, it is false.
>
> Just an old guy thinking out loud.
> Clif

Well, I tend to agree with what you said above. But translating
Steve's original point into Tango-L situation is harder and of more
limited utility because of the subject - art forms of music and
dancing and expressing opinions (as in personal feelings or
preferences). Not exactly a field where objectivity can sort out truth
from dare.

Cheers,

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada