[Tango-L] Tango Conversations

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Fri Nov 16 16:10:21 EST 2007

It's easy to put oneself in a category, noticing that many other dancers are
not the same.

We could be new or experienced; like to dance close, or not; prefer nuevo or
not, etc.

Here is a category I am in: I don't REALLY enjoy dancing if there is no
conversation. By that I mean - both people expressing themselves.

For this to happen, the leader has to allow it - invite it. If he dances
always doing what he wants without giving the woman space and time to decide
little things for herself sometimes, the conversation cannot take place on a
meaningful level of interaction.

Well, it's a topic I have given thought to for a while because it really has
impacted on my dancing enjoyment.

More at ToTANGO.net.