[Tango-L] favorite tango videos on line

Alex alex at tangofuego.us
Fri Nov 16 16:04:28 EST 2007

Hi Kushi...

I find it interesting that the tango video you chose to "best express how
you feel about tango" (versus nuevo or fantasia/show tango) is danced to a
song that is not an argentine tango song.

I saw "steps" and "vocabulary" being danced entirely disconnected from the
music and absent any discernible emotion. No chills or emotion for me on
this one.

For me, I would have to say this video of Osvaldo Zotto y Lorena Ermodocida
at Confiteria Ideal ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9mGaSPm97A

A very close second or even a tie ... would be this video of Murat &
Michelle Erdemsel dancing to Troilo's "En Esta Tarde Gris" ... for their
impeccable musicality... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QyE9D_3ezQ

There are so many videos that move me emotionally...some songs bring tears
to my eyes when they pop up in the shuffle on my iPod ... but, I am a proud
tango purist, and at the risk of igniting that same old smoldering brush
fire on this list ... if it's not danced to golden age argentine tango
music...then it's not argentine tango ... don't get me wrong, I love to
dance to some good nuevo stuff on occasion ... but it's pure argentine tango
that stirs my soul....

Ultimately, this thread will find a wide variety of videos that stimulate
the wide variety of readers/dancers ... it will be interesting to watch...

Happy dancing...

Alex

kushi_bushi wrote:

i have been reading this list for a while, and at first i was going to ask
for peoples favorite "nuevo" or "fantasia" videos, but i would really like
to see everyone's favorite tango video. what video best expresses how you
feel about tango?

ok, i will go first

http://organictango.info/Ain't%20no%20sunshine.wmv

there is something about the DANCING and emotion in this video that sends
chills through me.

"The tango can be debated, and we have debates over it, but
it still encloses, as does all that which is truthful, a secret."
Jorge Luis Borges