[Tango-L] To get stuck is not a pose

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Mon May 7 09:37:41 EDT 2007

On 5/6/07, burak ozkosem <buraktango at gmail.com> wrote:
> Milongas are social venues not private clubs that memberships required,
> btw we have it here in chicago member only milonga, there is one in
> Madison,Wi banning dancers from attending the milonga.

Maybe people have a private milonga because they want to get away from
reckless navigators - the ones who change lanes, pass, cut into lanes,
or basically don't recognize the ronda. I understand there are some
private milongas in Buenos Aires in part because porten~os want to get
away from the invasion of tourists (who can't navigate).

After we train dancers to not stop in the middle of a moving line of
dance for 5 seconds, we can work on those who travel 2 times around
the dance floor the size of a basketball court in a single tango.

Oh, yes, maybe that's why people have private milongas!

Ron