[Tango-L] To get stuck is not a pose

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Mon May 7 15:47:12 EDT 2007

My first reaction at the thought of "private milongas" is very negative. It
seems elitist, arrogant and exclusionary. If there is one way to make sure a
tango community falters, it might be the idea of
"private milongas".

My reasoning is that in any community, such thing as a "private milonga"
cannot be kept secret very long (if at all). No matter the reason, it will
make those who are not invited feel terrible. It's bad enough that tango
engenders little cliques and groups already. Even in open milongas, some
people can act quite snobbishly. To take this to such a refined level seems
to be a guarantee to piss-off all the excluded people.

It might be much more effective, fair and polite to not go to milongas that
one does not enjoy. This way one can exclude only one's self and so not
needlessly insult others.

Cheers,

Manuel

visit our webpage