[Tango-L] Chris UK Comparing tango gods to mortal teachers

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Mar 27 12:30:40 EDT 2007

Hi Trini,

I wasn't refering to Chris' recent message, but his email dated 2 October 2006
and reprinted below.

To: Tango-L at mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Discussion Topics
From: "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 04:24 +0100 (BST)

Here is an example from a study I made about five years ago of the methods of
about 60 tango teachers.

Gustavo Naviera taught a lesson on "Boleos". He began by having the class watch
his dancing... a demonstration of a long sequence near the end of which was one
boleo. He then asked the class to copy it. Some could not get past the tricky
turn at the start. Some more got stuck on the cross-system chain in the middle.
A few got as far as the boleo. Some skipped most of the sequence and cut straight
to the boleo. This was an example of a method that excluded most of the class
from the lesson.

Chris

On Tue Mar 27 23:42 , "Trini y Sean (PATangoS)"  sent: