[Tango-L] Chris UK Comparing tango gods to mortal teachers

Anna Zelenina desdelasnubes at web.de
Tue Mar 27 11:45:24 EDT 2007

Hi Keith,

a you presumed my comment referred to a follower. I don't know about the guys ;)

What I called /direct teaching/ occurs by dancing. It happens that I learn from the dancer i na sublime way, just by doing or by being led to do. It doesn't feel like I'm being taught a lesson as the dancing goes on without any explanation whatsoever, but the dancer kind of conveys the knowledge to me and I get the confidence that I know it and I could do it again. And maybe it is something beyond beauty and age?

Undoubtedly physical attractiveness is a factor in tango, as it is in life. So is youth. Who wouldn't be affected by the beauty and fragrance of a flower in blossom? And maybe the enchantment of youth can be even more appreciated by mature leaders that have experienced the evanescence of time and know about their own finity (antonym to infinity?). However there are experienced leaders that claim that by dancing with a lady they can feel and enjoy the emotions she has lived and some say they prefer to dance with mature women or experienced women (whatever that means) because they think it's exciting. Who knows? I don't. I probably will never have any deeper insight in male leader's psychology unless I'll reincarnate as a milonguero. In the meantime I'll be happy following.

Anna